Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of ‘Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live”. These core values – teamwork, integrity and excellence – are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Corporate Functions keep our business competitive by providing first-class support from Quality through to Finance and HR.
Headquartered in the UK, Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 10,000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
The Senior Business Analyst acts as a translator, communicating business information to IT and IT information to business departments. Central to this role is the work of eliciting, analysing and documenting requirements. Requirements include business requirements, business rules, constraints, external interface requirements, features, functional requirements, non-functional requirements, quality attributes, system requirements, and user requirements. To accomplish this, the Senior Business Analyst must build and maintain client relationships and must become familiar with the business needs of an assigned area or a community of practice. The Senior Business Analyst must also understand the needs of IT as a supplier of products and services (and plays a key role by increasing the focus and efficiency of other IT professionals).
NOTE: This is a Remote role, BUT must reside on the East Coast Time Zone
Job Core Responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, focus groups, process reviews, shadowing, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, problem statements, scenarios, business analysis, and task & workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, identify and close gaps, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver appropriate artifacts on standard templates, including but not limited to Functional Requirements Documents, Process Flows, User Stories, Use Cases, Lean Thinking, Value Stream Mapping, Graphical User Interface (GUI), Screen and Interface designs
- Identify, propose, capture and evaluate non-functional requirements
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements or vice versa.
- Act as the liaison between the customer community and the IT teams through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, functionality and performance needs.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; supports positive change through communications, training, additional support, and other methods
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Related professional qualifications, such as the BCS Business Analysis Professional Certification Scheme, are beneficial but not essential
- ITIL Foundation (current version) certification is desired
- Some amount of training in project management (or certification) is desired
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee