Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defense and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of ‘Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live”. These core values – teamwork, integrity and excellence – are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 9,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Airframe Systems division brings together an extensive range of skills and abilities to support some of the world’s leading commercial, business and military aircraft manufacturers.
Across its five product groups, Airframe Systems produces a host of world leading technology. Our Braking Systems product group supplies both military and commercial aircrafts.
We seal essential spaces, such as landing gear, wings, engines, nacelles, windows and doors, and produce intelligent air data systems and sensors that measure altitude, angle or acceleration. These sensors can be used on planes, train control systems or even missile control systems.
Whether it’s developing new radome solutions, fuel delivery systems or high-altitude life support systems, Airframe Systems embodies the innovation at the heart of Meggitt.
The Supply Chain Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting Group Procurement and Supply Chain operations to ensure compliance to supply chain policies and procedures, government regulations, and requirements of industry standards. This position serves as a subject matter expert on Supply Chain compliance matters. Coordination with internal functional management, departments, staff and external suppliers is a normal occurrence. Coordinates with the USG Centre of Expertise on Government-related compliance matters.
Job Core Responsibilities
• Support development of policies and procedures as well as monitor existing supply chain and purchasing processes ensuring compliance with Government regulations and supporting industry best practices. Identify gaps in practices and procedures, and pursue improvement opportunities
• Ensure supplier annual assessments (such as Representations & Certifications) are managed appropriately including validation of compliance to established procedures. Conduct routine supply chain compliance reviews and report on risks and recommendations
• Responsible for monitoring external supply chain compliance with external regulations to include the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Responsibilities will also include overseeing the resolution of supplier non-compliance risks.
• Support compliance activities associated with all supply chain requirements, including conflict minerals, modern slavery & human trafficking, supply chain sustainability and other special projects as required.
• Provide supply chain compliance support and guidance to all Meggitt Sites. Assist in training buyers on Meggitt compliance system policies and procedures, and Government regulations.
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
• Minimum of 3 years of DoD contracts management experience (aerospace industry preferred) to include demonstrated experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and mandatory flow down clauses, procurement integrity requirements, contract formation and subcontract administration, cost and price analysis, negotiation, acquisition planning, supplier relationship management, project management, supplier quality accreditations and approved supplier list (ASL) adherence, as well as supplier risk management.
• 3+ years in a similar supply chain compliance specialist role
• 3+ years’ experience in the procurement of goods and services for US Government (USG) and US Department of Defense DoD) contracts, and integrating mandatory flow down clauses with supplier POs/contracts
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.