Joining Team Norse is more than getting a job. It is all about belonging.
Do you like working in a multicultural team where inclusiveness, ownership, and kindness matters? Then please look no further, the Airport Services Manager position offers a unique opportunity to be a member of the dynamic Norse Ground Operations team. You will play an important part in building up the Ground operation team’s capabilities as we move through Norse's start-up phase ready for take-off in 2022. Joining Norse at this early phase means you will be heavily involved in the shaping of the Company’s operational capabilities. As Norse grows you can expect to have the opportunity to get involved in different tasks where of course inclusiveness, ownership, and kindness matters!
The position will report to the Vice President Ground Operations
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for coordinating and follow-up of day-to-day ground handling activities on behalf of Norse Atlantic.
- Responsible for reviewing overall performance in terms of cost, revenue, productivity, quality, safety and security.
- Build and develop internal and external relationships of all stakeholders at the ASM’s stations of responsibility.
- Ensure all ground-handling operations is performed in accordance with Airline GOM and SLA.
- Manage both the SGHA and SLA on behalf of Norse Atlantic.
- Accountable for the annual budget, withing the ASM’s station of responsibility.
- Carry out weekly stakeholder operational meetings on behalf of AOC NP Ground Operations and both record and issue meeting minutes.
- This job description is not limiting in comparison to other duties, as the Company may consider other duties appropriate to this position.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of advanced level experience in Ground Operations, of which minimum of 3 years should be a managerial level.
- Experience in SGHA & SLA management, with commercial acumen.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, with the ability to enhance stakeholder relationships.
- Fully competent in the use of Microsoft Office software.
- The possibility of being part of a great team, working together to build one of the most exciting new airlines
- An informal and positive work environment
- The possibility to participate in the Norse Atlantic Leadership Development Program
We believe that culture will be our competitive advantage
Team Norse has identified three core values that we all should live and breathe.
If you have questions about the position, you are welcome to send an email to:
Please note: you have 2 days from submission to edit your cover letter before it can no longer be changed.
Deadline: 29th May