Join our Team at Worldwide Flight Services as a Warehouse Cargo Agent!!!
The Warehouse Cargo Agent performs manual duties related to the handling, receiving, loading, and delivery of all cargo/mail-in our warehouses.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Receives cargo/mail from and releases cargo to consignors, consignees, brokers, agents, truckers, etc., including checking for damage/tampering, counting, receipting, and loading and unloading cargo.
- Handles warehouse cargo/mail, including the loading and unloading of aircraft and trucks, moving, stacking, stamping, weighing, measuring, labeling, constructing and dismantling, including the removal of tie-down gear and other related equipment.
- Performs daily equipment preventive maintenance and safety checks.
- Operates Company vehicles and mechanized loading equipment to transport and load cargo/mail.
- Maintains a neat and orderly office and warehouse area, including the removal of snow and ice from walkways and truck docks.
- Complies with WFS site security procedures for assigned warehouse and other operations.
- Remains cognizant of WFS staff, security contractors, and visitors’ activities and report security breaches, suspicious occurrences, or non-compliance with the site security plan to managers or via the WFS whistleblower program.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to drive all cargo handling equipment.
- Ability to handle the stress of a fast-paced eight-hour shift.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends (i.e. Friday, Saturday and Sunday), holidays, and days off.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language.