This position is focused on developing and improving manufacturing processes for new and existing products.
- Leads the creation of manufacturing processes, routings, and drawings
- Leads cross functional Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) teams
- Coordinates development of gaging and control plans for manufactured products
- Investigate, analyze, and recommend new and/or alternate equipment and manufacturing methods
- Procure equipment and tooling per project plan and standards
- Manage suppliers to ensure on time execution of projects
- Manage capital and expense spending for assigned projects
- Evaluate and verify processes and tool designs developed by peers
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing manufacturing operations
- Prepare financial justification for projects in support of CAR analysis
- Coordinates execution of project deliverables
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
- CNC Programming
- CAD - 3D Modeling
- Professional experience in Manufacturing Engineering (Relevant Processes)
- Automated Material Handling
- Grinding (Centerless, OD, ID)
- Machining (CNC Turning)
- Metal Forming
- Surface Treatments
- Heat Treatment
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time