Role And Responsibilities
CAE is a high technology company, at the leading edge of digital immersion, providing solutions to make the world a safer place. Our flight services business delivers software solutions to more than 150 airline customers.Here are a few reasons why folks love working at CAE!
- Meaningful work that drives professional development
- Ability to enter and grow within the technology industry
- Work in a collaborative environment
- Be part of a high-performance team
Airlines and business aircraft operators face pressures like few others. In a heavily regulated, competitive, ultra-visible industry, they require a suite of digital tools to efficiently plan their operations and deploy their people while optimizing their performance, compliance, and customer satisfaction. That’s where CAE Civil Flight Services comes in. With our flight operations and optimization digital solutions, CAE Civil Flight Services equips aviation professionals with the data needed to make informed decisions and take control of critical tasks, so they stay focused during regular and irregular operations, such as during adverse weather events like snowstorms. By bringing together the expertise of CAE, Merlot, RB Group and Airline Operations Portfolio solutions, CAE’s Civil Flight Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of products and a digital ecosystem to address three main markets –Commercial Aviation, Business Aviation and Crew Engagement.Your Role & Main Responsibilities
The Flight Services Team is looking for a SQL Server Database Administrator who will support the database infrastructure of a complex Flight Planning system. You will join a global, distributed team supporting over 30 different environments. You will be responsible for monitoring and tuning database performance, and assuring data integrity and security. You will be involved in the planning and development of the databases, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.Main responsibilities:
Necessary skills & requirements:
- Under general direction, plans complex computerized databases, including base definition, structure, capacity, documentation, long-range requirements, high availability and disaster recovery, operational guidelines, and protection.
- Establishes and maintains security and integrity controls.
- Monitors system health and works on raised alerts.
- Debug code and profile system performance to troubleshoot functional and non-functional issues.
- Provides on-call support during the scheduled time window
- 5+ years of work experience in SQL Server administration
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2016 and above)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Administration (Backups, Maintenance tasks, Mirroring, Always On Availability Groups, Replication, Failover Clusters, TDE, patching)
- Knowledge of relational databases, T-SQL, query execution plans, solving concurrency issues and deadlocks
- Knowledge of SSDT, git, and PowerShell.
- Basic knowledge of AWS cloud.
- Strong communication skills in English, written and verbal.
Join the engine that is changing CAE, pointing towards the next horizon of growth through digital innovations to support our customers in their success.Position Type
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.