Role and Responsibilities
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, the Communications Admin will support development and contribute to both internal and external communications for CAE USA. The goal for this position is to assist in improving the visibility and understanding of CAE USA’s vision, brand and business objectives. This includes supporting team projects and efforts, generating content that will highlight our strategic objectives, executive priorities, and the work of their fellow employees. Valuable attributes include exceptional communication (verbal and written), teamwork, flexibility, organization, and a can-do attitude.
The Marketing and Communications group is a highly energetic, fast paced team that prioritizes the engagement and growth of every team member while providing deliverables that shape the company’s future. The Communications Admin is a fantastic opportunity to learn about the values that CAE USA brings to its employees and customers, while setting up a great foundation for professional growth. You will have direct communication with our company’s executives and shape our company’s brand (both internally and externally).Essential Duties And Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications And Education Requirements
- Support in the development and execution of our company communications plan
- Conduct research, as necessary to support or enhance internal communications.
- Create professional level content for and manage our group’s intranet page (SharePoint based)
- Support the team in the development of employee engagement and community outreach efforts.
- Help coordinate team travel and logistics as it relates to marketing and business development
- Maintain team folders
- Assist in the planning/coordination of team activities and support the business unit
- Coordinate events and/or conferences with facilities and caterer, issuing information and invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents.
- Establish uniform correspondence procedures and style practices.
- Sustain and update procedures for tasking assignments, organization, training, projects, social media planning, conference room schedules and D&S support.
- Create and maintain database and Communications requests.
- Maximize office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
- Research and develop resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
- Maintain office supply inventory, check stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expedite supply orders and verify receipt of supplies
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years administrative/secretarial experience
- Professional presence; confident, well spoken, articulate, and organized.
- Exhibit high performance and capability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work with minimal supervision to defined deadlines.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Customer service oriented, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Attention to detail and follow through is imperative.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Effective presentation of information and professional response to comments and questions from all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to generate effective oral and written presentations and proposals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret complex requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication and to deal with a variety of abstract ideas.
- Associate’s degree in administrative field or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business, preferred.
- Experience with SharePoint (ideal) and other folder sharing systems
- Proficiency using social media platforms and media planning applications (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Hootsuite)
- Interest in the Defense & Aerospace industry
Must comply with all company security and data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information outside company without management approval. All government and proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- May be required to sit down for long lengths of time.
- May be required to climb stairs.
- Ability to operate a personal computer, communicate via telephone, and give oral presentations
- Ability to work overtime as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.