Role And Responsibilities
Job Description – Project Lead
Who we are:
Pelesys, a CAE company, is a leading provider of aviation training solutions. We cultivate a collaborative and friendly team environment. We are problem solvers who thrive in excellence and innovation. Our vision is to be the recognized global training partner of choice to enhance aviation safety, efficiency, and readiness. Our mission inspires us to do more every day to make the world a safer place.
We design and develop commercial training and compliance management solutions. Pelesys’ Training Management and Deployment System is a web-based solution providing training deployment and compliance management solutions for the commercial aviation industry.
Pelesys develops and maintains its own off-the-shelf aviation training courseware consisting of over one thousand hours of Web-Based Training (WBT). Pelesys WBT includes aircraft type-rating courses as well as special operations courseware required for all regulatory training.
https://website.pelesys.com/courseware/Summary of Position:
We are looking for proactive, detail-oriented, and accountable Project Lead to join our growing team! Our team works together to create web-based e-Learning and instructor-led courseware for the aviation industry. You would be responsible for the project cycle from start to finish, ensuring the project is organized and stays on track with reporting, as well as making sure the team has all the information they need, and coordinating between the development team and project stakeholders.What you’ll be doing:
What you’ll bring:
- Manage and track development of larger computer-based training (CBT) projects
- Coordinate with SMEs, Team Leads, Developers, Stakeholders
- Customer reporting and communication if required
- Oversee operational tasks
- Monitor and control project time, scope, and quality
- Create and maintain project tracking, scheduling, and milestone deliverables
- Excel, MS Project (minimal), Azure DevOps
- Assist with project budget and financial tracking
- Monitor project risk management
- Provide progress status and project status reports using provided templates
- Present status to project stakeholders as required
- Keep courseware leaders informed during regular meetings
- Help create estimates for incoming project requests
- Conduct project start-up and wind down meetings
- Deliver final product
- Coordinate with Courseware Admin
- Contribute to graphical standards and guidelines
- Input project hours into time management system for records and tracking purposes
- May support development or perform hybrid duties with Team Lead as needed based on capacity planning
- Other duties as required
Why we’re awesome
- 2-6 years’ experience coordinating in a team lead role or equivalent
- Resource management
- Day-to-day operations management
- Providing feedback and guidance to team members
- Some project coordination
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task across various duties
- Great attention to detail and passion for quality
- Proactive and accountable
- Willingness to learn new software/skills as required
- Graphic skills (Adobe Creative Cloud) an asset
- Experience with Storyline 360 an asset
- Flexible work hours and flexible work program
- Safe and responsive pandemic protocols
- Flexible benefits including optional Defined Benefits Retirement Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan and Group RRSP
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Fun and interactive team events
- Opportunities for professional learning, growth, and career advancement
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.