- Delegate and assign duties to qualified personnel, monitor progress and assess results.
- Greet, park, tow, move and marshal aircraft arriving or departing ramp area.
- Provide lavatory and water service as requested.
- Fuel/de-ice aircraft as requested.
- Provide shuttle service for passengers/crew as required.
- Assist with customer service duties as required.
- Provide oil and oxygen service for aircraft as requested.
- Assist passengers and/or crew with baggage/cargo as needed.
- Assist with general cleaning and clearing of debris from ramp, building and customer areas.
- Assist with wing-walking duties as required.
- Assist Supervisor with training new employees.
- Perform others duties as assigned.
- Regularly stand and walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language.
- Drive vehicles in areas congested with aircraft, moving and stationary vehicles and equipment requiring the ability to identify and distinguish colors, judge distance and spatial relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, clients, management and other employees.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds above the head.
- Apply concepts of basic math to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Wear uniform and insignia as prescribed by the Company.
- Report to work in a regular and timely basis.
High school diploma or GED plus six (6) months related experience and/or training. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills. Basic computer knowledge and skills required. Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Vet