Eaton’s Electrical Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Customer Assembler – 1st Shift to join our team. The hourly rate for this role starts at $19/hr, depending on experience. The core hours are 6:30 am - 3:00 pm. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the outstanding benefits we offer:
- Health benefits and Vacation time are available to use on day one!
- Paid holidays
- Shift premium
- Retirement benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Educational Assistance Program, Wellness Reimbursement, and more!
The Custom Assembler will be responsible for performing a variety of diversified sub and final assembly operations on our overhead switchgear product line. In this role, you will perform some complicated sub-assembly operations, which contain a large number of parts and substantial fitting and aligning of components, usually limited to a specific standard procedure - on a repetitive basis.
In this function you will:
- Follow established working procedures.
- Set up workstation to facilitate easier assembly and operate independently or on a group basis.
- Complete paperwork, enter labor, confirm production and move products to outgoing materials zone.
- Screen defective parts or make adjustments as necessary and report out any concerns to Team Leader or Supervisor.
- Interact with other departments as needed for advice and decisions.
- Assist QA/Engineering with problem-solving for new product development as necessary.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Trades training or minimum of 1-year experience in soldering and brazing operations, electronic terminology and symbols, and electrical circuits and electronics.
Position Success Criteria:
- Be flexible in the work environment and perform multiple job functions within Department.
- Ability to use Microsoft word, excel, and other applications such as SAP.
- Ability to read blueprints and drawings.
- Must be able to walk/stand for an 8-hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift 48lbs and push/pull 48 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No