If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward toManager – Corporate Development & Planningbased in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Market research and financial analysis on Eaton’s end-markets, competitors, suppliers, and products to support corporate and group strategy development.
- Monitoring and analyzing results (quarterly/annually earnings release, significant events, etc.) of selected peer group companies and report key findings to Senior Leadership and support in building strong internal capability for competitive assessment and market intelligence.
- Create compelling presentations for senior management on key strategic issues and support generation of presentation material for outside audience such as analysts, credit rating agencies, trade shows and professional conferences.
- Building business/industry case, identifying key drivers of growth, strategic analysis, identification of potential targets and develop an action plan to support senior management in corporate strategy development
- Support in identifying corporate/group acquisition targets, and also work on presentation materials for new spaces for growth and potential strategic fit identified by the senior leaders.
- Create complete business cases with strategic and financial analysis, to frame strategic rationale for decisions on mergers, acquisitions, Joint Ventures and investment decisions.
- Identifies top talent, builds high performing teams, and develops personnel to grow within Eaton
- As a leader - ensuring that the quality of the output is at the highest level.
- Cautiously work towards engaging the India team with the Cleveland team – by bringing up topics of discussion during the staff meet or general meetings. The aim will be to provide the local team with global exposure and ultimately generating meaningful project ideas.
- Possess ability to lead projects and mentor team members.
- The candidate will take the additional responsibility of managing the work flow. He/she will be involved in the overall growth assessment of its reportees and will also be responsible on training the team as required.
Position requires a Masters Degree, preferably an MBA from a premier university/ CA with at least 8 years' work experience either in investment banking, equity research, business development, consulting, strategic planning, investment analysis of which at least  years must years working in a corporate setting on projects aligned with the Job Description.
Candidate must possess strong analytical, financial and strategic thinking skills.
Job requires proficient English communication skills, including writing clear reports and creating concise presentations.
This position demands excellent Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and above average Microsoft Word and Internet research capabilities.
Desire candidate with understanding of and interest in industrial and manufacturing products, customers, and competitors, including electrical, hydraulic, automotive, truck and aerospace markets.
Must have experience with financial modeling, strategic framework tools, financial statement analysis and be able to work on multiple projects at one time (time and project management skills).
Strong research skills on publicly available sources will be a strong plus.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time