Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East..
The Sales Manager provides significant sales expertise to lead regional sales programs and marketing initiatives within a defined geographic area or country. Ensures profitable growth in sales revenues through planning and deployment. Identifies objectives, strategies, and action plan to improve short and long-term sales and company growth.
Note: Meggitt (McMinnville, OR) is on a 4/10 schedule: Monday thru Thursday workweek and every Friday off (3-days weekend)
Job Core Responsibilities
- Provides significant sales expertise to lead regional sales programs and marketing initiatives
- Ensures profitable growth in sales revenues through planning and deployment
- Identifies objectives, strategies and action plans to improve and company growth
- Forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue for sales team and develops plans to ensure revenue growth for all products
- Informs customers of new product/service introductions and prices
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to ensure a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Sales Management or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding and expertise in sales management
- Proven consultative selling skills to develop attractive value propositions
- Strong leadership and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems and to analyze possible solutions using technical experience and judgment and precedents
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.