Primary Job Duties
SkyWest Airlines, the largest independently owned regional airline, is currently in search of individuals who take pride in seeing a job done well. We pride ourselves in being an on-time airline and are seeking dedicated individuals that understand a deadline-driven environment, while also maintaining high-quality standards of operational safety and customer service. As a SkyWest employee, you will be part of an exciting team of professionals that love working in the travel industry and sharing their enthusiasm with the passengers. From the seasoned traveler to the first time flier, we want to make it a great experience.
- Cancels and/or delays flights, reflows crews and aircraft as necessary to achieve a high level of efficiency, economics and passenger convenience
- Maintains communication with customer service personnel concerning flight operations:
- Adjusting availability of flights
- Communicating and confirming, by telephone or electronic means, all information relative to flight operations
- Update the OCC System Status board as needed
- Highly knowledgeable regarding FARs, HMR, NTSB, Company manuals and operating procedures applying to OCC/Flight Control
- Maintains working knowledge and understanding of the SkyWest Airlines GDP
- In emergency situations, coordinates the event ensuring safe operations, and initiates notifications procedures to the proper authorities and Company department heads
- Coordinates irregular operations with stations, crew, partners and maintenance as needed
- Issues all alert notifications as required, both internally and externally
- Coordinates daily aircraft availability and aircraft maintenance status with Maintenance department
- Provides guidance to other members of OCC/Flight Control as necessary to maintain a more efficient operation
- Coordinates with Crew Support and Maintenance Controllers
- Any other duties required in the daily operations of OCC/Flight Control
- Works closely with Air Traffic Control (ATC) and partner carriers to minimize disruptions to the flight schedule
- Performs all duties as assigned by the Manager Network Operations and VP OCC
- Minimum one year experience in SkyWest OCC
- Must be willing to do shift work and fill in for coworkers - mandatory
- Must be able to multitask effectively
- Must possess a thorough understanding of SkyWest operating procedures
- Must possess effective communication skills
- One year experience as OCC System Controller preferred
- Training experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
Physical and Other Requirements
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Please complete the online application. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
- This job may have an additional video interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.