We are seeking Expressions of Interest from experienced Aircraft Maintenance Engineer – Structures, who are looking for opportunities to work in MelbourneAustralia.
Would you like to be a part of a winning team that’s playing big games on the global stage?
If you answered YES, we want to hear from you!
Due to unprecedented growth, we have vacancies coming up based at our Melbourne Airport facility in Victoria Australia.
This position is responsible for the Maintenance (Modification, Repair, Overhaul, Alteration, Inspection, Testing and Troubleshooting) of aircraft structures and associated systems and equipment in a component maintenance environment.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of trade level activities requiring the application of base aircraft trade qualifications and skills in accordance with approved procedures.
Why work at Quickstep? Because we enable people to do great things in Aerospace.
- Creativity is the key to overcome any obstacle
- Courage isn’t being fear-free. It’s about ‘speaking up’ and ‘getting it done’ even when it’s tough
- ‘Agile’ is a way of thinking beyond just a way of working
- When we say, “we’re in”, we’re ALL-IN!
This is our CAN culture - Have you got what it takes to be a Quickstepper?
Snapshot of the role:
- Promoting a safe and healthy work environment by ensuring compliance with the Safety Management System policies and procedures.
- Plan and organise aviation maintenance work activities.
- Apply quality standards applicable to aviation maintenance processes.
- Interpret and use aviation maintenance technical data including manuals, drawings, and specifications.
- Accurate completion of technical documentation.
- Removal and installation of aircraft ancillary system components
- Fabrication and/or repair of aircraft mechanical components or parts.
- Performance of inspections including test and fault diagnosis.
- Fabrication of aircraft structures.
- Removal and installation of aircraft structural and non-structural components.
- Maintenance of aircraft metallic and composite structures.
What we are looking for:
- Australian (AQF) Certificate IV in Aeroskills (Structures) MEA 41311, or equivalent trade aircraft structures qualification
- Demonstrated knowledge of aviation quality assurance procedures and aircraft maintenance procedures and documentation
- Demonstrated commitment to Health and Safety
- Demonstrated experience in using aircraft maintenance Technical Data
- High Professional Standards i.e. Attention to Detail, Self-Motivated, appropriate Workplace behaviour
- Demonstrated ability to apply problem solving skills
Benefits and Perks
Quickstep offer a market competitive remuneration package, career and professional development opportunities, a flexible working environment including the opportunity to purchase annual leave, and a supportive team where your contribution will be valued. We hope that you will consider joining us as we continue our progress towards becoming a global provider of advanced composite components and manufacturing processes.
Who we are
Quickstep is an Australian publicly listed company, at the forefront of advanced composites manufacturing and technology development. We are the largest independent aerospace-grade advanced composite manufacturer in Australia, partnering with some of the world’s largest Aerospace/Defence organisations in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Bankstown. We operate a world class Maintenance, Repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in Melbourne Airport with integrated engineering and MRO capability, equipped with extensive facilities to maintain, repair, overhaul, modify and manage a wide range of composite, bonded and conventional metal aircraft structures.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
To keep up to date with future vacancies within Quickstep follow our company LinkedIn page: www.linkedin.com/company/quickstep-holdings
For more information please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Quickstep recognise that diversity is a key asset to our workforce and therefore strive to achieve and maintain a strong diverse workforce where diversity is valued and encouraged. We are committed to promoting equal employment opportunities and preventing unlawful discrimination, as such, we encourage applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for this opportunity.
Please be advised applicants will be asked to supply proof of eligibility to work in Australia and undertake a criminal history check as a part of Quickstep’s pre-employment procedures. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.