Johnson Service Group (JSG) is a nationally recognized professional staffing and recruiting firm that is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer with 5 year’s experience. This is a Contract to Direct job opportunity with an Electronic PCB company in Chatsworth, CA.
This role applies the disciplines and profession of Manufacturing Engineering concepts to optimize processes, and create work instruction to achieve process repeatability, efficiency, and quality products. In this position, the Senior Manufacturing Engineer must develop appropriate procedures and processes that comply with various customer’s requirements.
The individual will support production line. He must be able to work safely and independently, within specific time constraints, and stay on task while under minimal supervision.
• Create and maintain manufacturing and quality process suitable for critical applications in a high demanding environment. Including Manufacturing Process Instructions, Quality System Instructions
• Develop and maintain robust work instruction in compliance with best practices, ISO 13485 and AS9100.
• Implement and control technical results of equipment including provided IQ reports on new equipment
• Define and set up necessary production process to yield high quality and repeatability
• Drive and lead by example continuous improvements
• Perform DFM and DFT
• Work closely with team members when making improvements.
• Make out reports neatly and accurately on all required forms and records as directed.
• Perform all work assignments in accordance with proper safety procedures
• Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and teamwork.
• Dependable and work well with minimal supervision.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong Computer skills.
• ITAR Requirements: Applicant must be a lawful US person.
• Maintain an understanding of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and space addendum.
• Sustain proficiency with all aspects of electronics assembly techniques, equipment, and processes.
• Exhibit the ability train peers, subordinates and superiors
• Employ Lean concepts & 5S methodologies.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing engineering role, preferably with an EMS provider.
•* Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.