Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Do you want to seize an opportunity to let your coaching and facilitation skills shine through?
- Do you want to share your passion and make a difference in your job and in your life?
- Do you want to help us lead the Customer Service Training branch to cultivate an even better learning environment?
Our skilled Trainers embrace their role as a Coach, assisting Station Attendants and Lead Station Attendants to achieve their potential while delivering superior classroom and on the job training. Strong interpersonal skills and coaching abilities dominate as they educate and motivate while quickly adapting to change. Our Trainers model a positive, motivating and customer-focused attitude for their colleagues while showcasing their strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Reporting to the Training Delivery Manager, Ramp and Baggage, the Trainer will be responsible for the preparation, delivery and recordkeeping of safety, technical and non-technical classroom training for Aircraft Services. They will provide on the job training, classroom facilitation, coaching and support, and will participate in meetings and workshops as required.
- Knowledge of Airport processes.
- Aircraft Services background and experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Highly flexible and adaptable.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Previous experience in Training Delivery
- Knowledge of Adult learning methodologies
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to acquire and maintain a valid Airside Vehicle Operations Permit (AVOP) license.
- Successfully pass training courses and testing.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain any applicable transportation security clearances and additional authorizations. Please refer to Transport Canada site for more details.
- Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.