Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Scope of position:
Reporting to the Director Human Resources, the Manager Human Resources will act as a business partner to the Corporate or Commercial branches and will oversee all aspects of human resources within their assigned clients to drive business results. The incumbent will be accountable to provide face to face, timely and strategic advice as well as address complex or systemic work issues by providing suitable resolutions that require consideration to multifaceted, multi-level aspects of the business. This role also includes the compensation portfolio for the assigned clients.
- Assist the Director HR to partner with Branch Heads and their dedicated client groups to determine current and future HR requirements based on organizational needs and operational priorities.
- Coach and guide all levels of Management and employees and their business units to effectively apply HR policies, programs and procedures, ensuring compliance and understanding – as well as to HR related activities with respect to the employee life cycle.
- Partner with, and advise all levels of Management and their business units to develop and improve team effectiveness, organizational design and structure
- Recommend and lead continuous improvement initiatives with regards to HR procedures and policies, and ensure industry leading best practices are brought to the team/business units for potential implementation.
- Partner with key HR subject-matter experts to provide thoughtful counsel to leaders in the areas of training, employee engagement, development and change management.
- Based on corporate organizational restructuring processes and talent programs, support business units with the development of appropriate succession plans to minimize organizational risks.
- Lead HR related projects for the assigned clients; provide coaching, research data, propose options and solutions to support the business’ objectives
- Evaluate new and existing job descriptions and apply feedback and salary bandings as applicable
- Determine salary proposals for new hires and for existing employees of the assigned clients, while ensuring compliance with internal equity and market trends.
- Understand core compensation practices and apply learnings when facilitating job description review and salary quotes.
- Propose, plan and implement salary programs for identified groups to support retention, internal equity and/or market trends
- Understand and utilize market data surveys to support and encourage equity within AC.
- Make HR related decisions that support the business that are in the best interest of Air Canada; challenge when needed
- Guide and counsel other HR Advisors’ on difficult or sensitive issues dealing with performance, discipline and termination. Ensures cross-branch consistency among HR procedures.
- Guide and counsel management/ATS employees as required for any workplace issues. Support their needs, provide resources and recommendations and escalate when needed.
- Develop and deliver presentations to key internal and external partners in order to support applicable HR related initiatives.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to develop recruitment strategy to source appropriate talent for positions requiring very specific and unique job skills.
- Investigate harassment complaints as assigned by the Harassment office, upon successful completion of the harassment investigation training and deemed as competent person.
- Assumes leadership role in the absence of HR Director.
Post graduate degree or diploma in Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations or a related field of study
HR professional designation is an asset
Minimum of 10 years of professional HR experience, which includes five or more years spent in an HR advisory or generalist role.
Demonstrated ability to identify HR needs and requirements and develop appropriate action plan
Demonstrated project management skills
Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Dependable and team oriented with a history of being able to work independently.
Able to build strong relationships and credibility with all levels of management.
High level of customer orientation
Autonomous and dynamic
Change agent, results oriented and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Bilingualism is required (English and French)
Conditions of Employment:
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.