Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 12,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East..
The Production Welder II performs welding on a range of tasks that meet company and departmental objectives. Assists in the creation and maintenance of welding/fitting procedures as required in support of product or process improvement initiatives. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents. On-the-job training available for this role. TIG aluminum welding. Core hours 6 am - 2:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Day shift only.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs a range of weld preparation, welding and weld finishing operations
- Manufactures and assembles all metal fabrications i.e. ferrous and non-ferrous using appropriate equipment and processes provided
- Manufactures and assembles, fabricated and mechanical components, structures and vessels from drawings
- Maintains a consistent standard of work and performance to satisfy the company Quality Assurance specifications
- Assists in the development and implementation of product improvement initiatives and identifies where improvements in function, efficiency and quality can be achieved
- Ensures that the appropriate training is obtained to maintain the correct knowledge in all regulations, procedures and processes required to effectively carry out the job function
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations is preferred.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships in welding or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of welding techniques
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings and weld prints
- Strong shop math skills
- Ability to solve problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures
- Good communication and organizational skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.