ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
The Accounts Payable Specialist is a key member of the Finance organization and is responsible for processing financial transactions for the Company.
- Process a high volume of vendor invoices
- Match invoices to purchase orders and receipts and the resolution of any discrepancies
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Respond to external vendors and internal managers in regard to all aspects of the accounts payable process
- Contribute to departmental automation and process improvement projects
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years of accounts payable, finance, and/or operations experience (internship experience qualifies)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interest in automation and process improvement
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (or other ERP accounting systems)
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with processing payments to international vendors in foreign currencies and languages (including Spanish)
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to adapt quickly to new situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- This position requires the ability to work overtime when needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Accounts Payable Specialist/Level 1: $27.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.