SPACE SUIT SEWER
As a space suit sewer at SpaceX, you will contribute to history by creating space suits for our future missions. You will create space suits and crew equipment that are designed with three main goals: to be comfortable, functional and have an innovative design.
- Sew space suits from cut pieces and other flight soft goods to completion on industrial sewing machines
- Assemble crew equipment and other parts for crewed flight
- Maintain and adjust machine settings for optimal sewing quality
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 5+ years of professional sewing experience in industrial apparel manufacturing, aerospace soft goods, or theater/costume manufacturing
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with technical fabrics and various types of bonding methodologies
- Experience in seam sealing using an industrial hot air sealing machine
- Experience in working to aerospace manufacturing specifications and quality standards
- Able to stand for extended periods and work with a variety of chemicals
- Able to bend, kneel, balance, climb, stoop and crouch on a regular basis to adjust settings on machinery and move materials and tools as needed
- Able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Space Suit Sewer: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.