Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 10,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Senior Finance Analyst provides a range of expertise, while performing a variety of economic research and studies of rates of return, depreciation and investments. Generates forecasts and analyzes trends in sales, finance and other areas of business. Ensures the integrity of financial records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
Job Core Responsibilities
- Prepares the tax and treasury quarterly and annual tax and financial statements as required
- Evaluates manual and automated financial accounting processes, systems and procedures for efficiency of workflow and conformance to principles of accounting
- Performs a variety of economic research and studies of rates of return, depreciation and investments
- Prepares comprehensive evaluations, presents proposals and recommendations
- Reviews and evaluates proposals for new departmental systems involving financial accounting methods, policies or procedures
- Evaluates internal controls and security of new and existing automated accounting applications to ensure compliance with auditing standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- The primary duties of this job require administrative, non-manual work directly related to business operations involving responsibility for processes and policies of significance, evaluation of possible solutions and results of the work for which the employee is responsible and making recommendations and/or decisions accordingly using professional judgment. Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
Education Post-Secondary Degree in Finance or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectation
Years Experience 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding and experience of standard accounting concepts, practices, procedures and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Knowledge of accounting, financial reporting and financial analysis acquired through related work experience
- Ability to analyze and translate complex data into easily understandable information and makes recommendations; uses expertise to solve complex problems
- Strong attention to detail, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize with changing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex information effectively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and database management tools
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative by emailing AskHR@meggitt.com.