Joining our team means you're helping to deliver our vision - keeping the world flying with one of over 73,000 Meggitt-equipped aircraft taking off every second of every day; protecting countless lives with our technology, keeping those who put their lives at risk safer and ensuring that the lights stay on for millions of people worldwide.
With over 160 years of history, innovation's at the heart of everything we do in our aerospace, defence and selected energy markets Our global approach to lean manufacturing is the driving force on our journey to operational excellence and our goal to provide the best technology, products and service to our Customers.
We'll help shape your career and provide you with the right learning, development and growth opportunities; we're working hard to create a High Performance Culture where we live our Values of Teamwork, Integrity and Excellence.
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Manager for our HiETA division, responsible for overseeing the contracting and agreement processes for commercial and governmental programmes across multiple Product Groups. The successful candidate with provide full life cycle commercial support with a particular focus on protection of Meggitt Intellectual Property in R&D.
This is a hybrid role that will support home working but will also be required to be on site at both HiETA in Bristol and at our Ansty Park facility on a regular basis.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Engineering and the Advanced Research & Technology functions to develop contractual partnering and supply relationships to best develop and exploit Meggitts’ Intellectual Property
- Assesses contractual and commercial risk and provides appropriate advice to site leadership, site functional departments and Commercial Management team.
- Responsible for generating, drafting, reviewing and negotiating terms and conditions for site specific business matters
- Evaluate compliance to all applicable laws, regulations and corporate policies and applicable business practices and procedures.
- Provides commercial input related to work transfer & sourcing activities involving to ensure compliance with customer requirements and internal and external regulations and policies.
- Ensure that all sales contracts & commercial matters are efficiently documented, prioritized and tracked
- Be the Single Point of Contact for all matters to be referred to SBU and Group Legal for information, validation or approval.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ideally degree qualified
- Open to consider candidates from a Commercial, Legal or Project Management background
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Law advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong understanding of contractual terms and conditions and high risk terms
- Ability and willingness to learn and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Robust problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
What We Offer:
Meggitt is proud to offer a competitive total rewards framework designed with our colleagues' health, wealth and well-being in mind to help our employees balance a successful career. Our competitive package will include:
- Flexible working policies and the ability to accrue time off in lieu or for some roles to earn overtime.
- Pension Scheme up to 10% company contribution
- Employee Assistance Program for Health & Wellbeing
- Employee Perkz – offering our employees discounts on a huge variety of goods and services
- Income Protection
- Employee Resource Groups
- Volunteering day off
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.