We are looking for a Pricing Analyst to join our cargo team, responsible for analyzing pricing, customer capacity allocations, and route demand forecasts for the designated region's cargo network, contributing to the achievement of Etihad Cargo's revenue objectives.
- Coordinating a seasonal pricing strategy for the region in collaboration with the regional commercial team; considering the forecasted market conditions and Etihad Cargo business plan.
- Set the prices by flow, rate type, customer and product. Identifying the need for tactical pricing promotions.
- Evaluate and decide on the allocations to be granted on the flights considering; flow of business, customer, product and network optimization.
- Governance and performance tracking of the prices and capacity allocations.
- Support and challenge the regional commercial teams to achieve their target.
- Research and analysis of the regional market using different sources of data both internal and external including regional commercial feedback. Based on the analysis provide sales teams with opportunities to pursue to increase contribution; by increasing load-factor, price and or mix of business.
- Ad hoc rate evaluation and approval; considering the latest trends and shipment requirements. Ensuring the basis of the evaluation is optimizing the contribution for Etihad Cargo.
- Route Analysis – monitoring routes and analyse the performance. Identifying and taking appropriate action so as to ensure load factors are kept at an optimum with the best mix of business. This will include; influencing the Revenue Management system so that the latest trends and forecast are reflected and development of initiatives to improve performance. Tracking the performance of the changes.
- Construct pricing proposals for participation in Customer global tenders. Guide the commercial management team on the negotiation stance for the meeting. Propose innovative tradeoffs to make it a win – win for both customer and Etihad. Performance tracking of the tender awards.
- Working in cross-functional groups to support; new product launches, strategic business initiatives and system enhancements.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years of revenue management, operations, or related experience
- Sound knowledge in the application of revenue management principles, Pricing methodologies and modelling, Cargo Revenue Management Systems, Flight Planning
- Strong analytical background with advanced excel and data analysis skills
- Communication and stakeholder management proficient capability
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com