Provide leadership of Supply Chain Management activities for the division in order to maximize favorable impact on RONA. Supply Chain Management activities include materials planning; scheduling; inventory control; cash flow management; information flow and coordination and asset management.
Scope/ Supervision and Interaction
__X__ Has Direct Reports ____ Does Not Have Direct Reports*
Work with suppliers, business unit managers, purchasing, production planners, I/T and other appropriate resources to strategically plan and coordinate the flow of materials and information from customers through procurement to delivery. Matrix management responsibilities with business units and support groups for production planning, shipping, receiving and inventory functions. Provide direct leadership and management of Purchasing and Supplier Quality functions for division.
*Refer to job code 556135 for non supervisory equivalent.
Lead and manage all procurement and materials management activities including order placement, supplier reduction/evaluation/certification, supplier follow-up, price negotiation and compliance with government procurement regulations.
- Matrix responsibilities for Production Planning’s manufacturing resource-planning activities. These activities need to help achieve division sales and RONA objectives and maintain 100% on-time customer deliveries. Matrix responsibilities for personnel involved with the MRP database to achieve and maintain a high degree of data accuracy, integrity, and ownership.
- Accountable for division materials metrics and Standards of Performance.
- Help define and implement automated systems to plan and track material flow from customers through procurement to delivery to support a supply chain management strategy.
- Ensure all the division’s material management policies are consistent with the inventory control objectives of the Corporation.
- Facilitate corporate purchasing and materials initiatives including common part numbers, supplier managed inventory, consolidated purchasing agreements, supplier reduction and supplier quality certifications.
- Advise on supplier managed inventory or supplier based contracts with customers.
- Support internal or external audit requirements relative to the planning, procurement or inventory control functions.
- Prepare and manage department budget within established guidelines.
- Effectively create and sustain procurement to delivery material and system cost reduction programs.
- Provide professional development for all materials team members. Explain and support company policies and procedures.
- Benchmark world class supplier management systems and implement best practices in division as appropriate.
- Actively support and implement lean principles at the division.
- Facilitate Kanban, materials requirement planning technique, throughout division.
- Minimum of 5 years applicable purchasing/materials management experience in a world-class, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Extensive managerial experience in state-of-the-art materials management systems including supply chain management, cash flow and asset management, JIT, MRPII, cellular manufacturing and with APICS/CPM certification preferred.
- Four year college degree in business, engineering, or materials management required with certification in materials management and quality preferred.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PC software (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, databases and presentations).
Conditions of Employment
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders], or have refugee or asylee status).
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on grounds of age, race, religion, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation or disability in relation to recruitment and employment.