Job Description Summary
The GE Aviation Lead Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional and team objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area(s) of expertise, be involved in short-term project planning, and contribute to the overall team goals.
The LEAP LCE HPT Lead Engineer role will build and leverage multiple skill sets including project execution, technical leadership, analysis, design, and hardware ownership. You will lead turbine design and product improvement activities. This role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Work with a variety of engineering organizations and contribute to the development of the engine systems and designs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the technical discipline
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Resolves issues in situations within current technical knowledge base and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- Be responsible for monitoring and communicating project status to Engineering leadership. Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or Mathematics
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in a relevant engineering position
- Fundamental understanding of turbomachinery design
- Previous experience in design of Aviation components
- Proficient with Ansys and Unigraphics
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively within an organization
- Established project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Documented experience of being a self-starter with a passion for problem solving and driving solutions
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes