The successful candidate will join the Credit Card billing/refund/accounting Unit in SIA Finance Division. Jointly with three other Analysts, each will manage his/her own portfolio of transactions by credit card brands processed through the various payment gateways.
You will ensure timely, accurate and complete billings and refunds of all credit card transactions under his/her charge as well as handle billing disputes, review reconciliation of billings/refunds against settlements and clearance of credit card related suspense accounts in compliance with accounting standards and the Company’s contractual obligations.
Over and above these operational duties, the incumbent is expected to work with Projects/IT business units in conceptualising, testing and implementing enhancements to the accounting systems to facilitate the implementation of new marketing initiatives and industry changes and/or address gaps in the payment process flow. Where changes impact on Finance’s business processes, he/she is expected to develop and conduct the change management process for the department.Key Responsibilities Include
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete processing of all credit card billings and refunds for tickets and other accountable documents.
- Ensure the prompt handling, investigation and resolution of all credit card retrieval requests and chargeback disputes with Acquiring Banks and Credit Card Companies within specified timelines.
- Promptly address queries from Stations on Finance procedures and status of billings and refunds to ensure front-liners possess sufficient information to provide good customer service.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of billings and refunds against settlements to enable clearance of credit card related accounts in general ledger.
- Manage staff and work position.
- Review work procedures, controls and practices under the purview of the section for improvement and ensure they are comprehensively documented and updated.
- Projects - participate in and/or manage projects which have system and/or business impact on Passenger Revenue Control department’s work processes as assigned by his/her superior. This includes projects relating to card billing / settlement reconciliation, fraud mitigation and/or recovery from revenue leakages arising from ticket sales/refunds.
- Request For Proposals (RFP) and Contract review – participate in selection process and contract review with the Commercial and Legal team on appointment of payment service providers, card and/or APM (alternate payment method) acquirers.
- Revenue leakages arising from systems anomalies.
- Mitigate revenue leakages arising from gaps in payment process flow.
- Where losses cannot be prevented, ensure losses are reported to management and written off per the company policy.
- Provide guidance to stations on areas under his/her charge. Attend to external and internal auditors’ queries.
- University degree in accounting or business administration
- Prior experience in the areas of Accounts Receivable and General Ledger would be advantageous.
- Prior experience or working knowledge of the airline and payments industry would be advantageous.
- Driven individual
- Possess initiative
- A team player
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management skills