Oversees the complete maintenance and repair of all material handling equipment, buildings and grounds for assigned facilities through a staff of up to thirty employees, including maintenance technicians, maintenance support representatives and maintenance service managers. Ensures safety above all in maintenance related functions.
• Manages the maintenance staff, including, but not limited to, all hiring, terminations, coaching, training, skills development, reward and recognition, performance management and staff productivity.
• Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements procedures and programs as necessary, in accordance with the goals of the overall maintenance organization.
• Plans and manages spending against various expense budgets, including, but not limited to, material handling maintenance and repair, facility maintenance and repair and janitorial.
• Manages, oversees and ensures timely, accurate completion of the required preventative, predictive, corrective and emergency maintenance program through the use of the prescribed Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) software
• Ensure that all FedEx Ground policies and procedures are followed related to the performance of the maintenance function.
• Establishes and communicates the level of safety and quality expectations in the performance of all maintenance related tasks..
• Establishes short and long term strategic goals for the overall maintenance department.
• Works with all stakeholders to identify, evaluate and implement improvements to the material handling system to improve operations productivity, quality or service, or to improve overall system reliability and performance.
• Provides guidance and expertise to all areas of the operation in regards to the successful maintenance and operation of the material handling equipment.
• Maintains a complete filing system of all required documentation, manuals, parameters and software necessary for the quality performance of the maintenance department to ensure business continuity.
• Interacts and liaises with corporate engineers, project managers, etc., and with facility and material handling vendors assigned to projects and expansions for the assigned facility.
• Establishes and maintains a reliable network of facility and material handling vendors and suppliers to ensure cost-effective and timely support of all necessary functions and administers the process of identifying and on-boarding these vendors through the application of appropriate policies and procedures
• Ensures that all regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures are practiced and enforced
• High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Business Management or related field preferred.
10 years [or 8 years with preferred degree], of progressive light industrial maintenance experience with one (2) years maintenance supervisory/management experience, including leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians.
• Five (5) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians will be considered equivalent to one (1) year Maintenance supervisory/management experience.
• 10 years’ progressive operations management experience will be considered in lieu of light industrial and supervisory/management experience.
Preferred experience to include:
a) In-depth understanding of mechanical power transmission and/or electrical power or machines controls
b) Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Quality (QDM) - driven equipment and/or process improvements
c) Three (3) years demonstrated experience leading maintenance-related project teams, including lower level maintenance technicians
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applicationsAddress:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to concisely communicate with all levels of management
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals
• Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions
• Ability to inspire a shared vision and empower and motivate a team
• Demonstrated ability to build professional rapport, effectively lead a team and positively influence diverse groups
• Understanding of mechanical and electrical design, layout fabrication and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications preferred
• Knowledge of motors and motor control methods preferred
• Thorough understanding of electrical and mechanical troubleshooting techniques preferred
• Knowledge of PLC and computer controls systems preferred
• Experience troubleshooting and repairing the label scanners preferred
• Knowledge of applicable safety codes preferred
• Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams preferred
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers
7322 Manufacturers DriveCity:
FXG-US/USA/P537/Madison - OTP ColocationAuto req ID:
Full timeEmployee Type:
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforceSearch Engine Description:
Warehouse & Distribution