AVIONICS ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN
- Perform mechanical and electrical assembly of PCB assemblies, harnesses, sensors, solar arrays, transducers and other electromechanical assemblies
- Read and work from diagrams, specification, test instructions, schematics and assembly drawings utilizing enterprise manufacturing planning software.
- Operate automatic equipment including setup and troubleshooting for product manufacturing, such as wire bonding, resistance welding, laser welding, epoxy dispensing.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance is performed safely and on time and identify early signs of equipment and process degradation
- Perform testing on electromechanical devices, such as hi-pot testing, proof testing, and thermal cycling
- Support the efforts of the engineering team to build development parts and provide feedback to the engineering team to simplify the build process
- Part inspection and measurements utilizing basic tools and more complex vision system-based microscope
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience in hardware assembly, test, maintenance, material handling, and/or installation OR certificate from an accredited trade skills program in A&P, manufacturing, and/or electronics
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in an electro-mechanical manufacturing company, a precision manufacturing company, or high-volume manufacturing company
- Conformal coat support experience utilizing NVOC, urethane, acrylic and silicone based conformal coatings
- Proficient soldering skills, handling small parts, operating CNS based automated equipment, microscope measurement
- Experience maintaining and programming of PVA conformal coat system
- Current or past certification for NASA-STD-8739.3, IPC-610 or equivalent
- Able to adapt to constant changing work assignments and fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and teamwork skills
- Strong technical aptitude/ ability to problem solve and corroborate ideas to deal with day to day challenges
- Basic computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be open to work all shifts, overtime and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times: 1st shift (3am) and 2nd shift (1pm)
- Must be able to lift up to of 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to distinguish colors is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Avionics Assembly Technician/Level 1: $20.00 - $24.50/hour
Avionics Assembly Technician/Level 2: $23.00 - $29.00/hour
Avionics Assembly Technician/Level 3: $27.00 - $35.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.