Role And Responsibilities
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To help ensure that the in-service Simulation Training Equipment meets the contractual availability and to provide leadership and technical support to junior staff.
- To ensure that all work is performed in conjunction with standard operating procedures for the day-to-day operation of the Simulation Training Equipment and provide assistance and leadership to more junior members of staff.
- To carry out, and analyse the results from, Simulator Qualification testing as and when required by the appropriate Authority.
- To make minor software changes at the direction of the customer or Technical Operations Manager.
- To prepare the Simulation Training Equipment for daily operation using operational readiness checks.
- To load the appropriate exercise scenario and other tasks required to prepare for specific training sessions.
- To liaise as necessary with the customer before and after exercises.
- To react quickly and decisively to restore failed equipment, including tools and test equipment, support items and computer software.
- To perform preventative maintenance support on the Simulation Training Equipment and additional associated equipment according to the respective maintenance manuals.
- To monitor system performance and analyse major maintenance difficulties,
- To perform all work in accordance with defined safety procedures and Company and contractual standards, processes and procedures.
- To maintain current and accurate documentation.
- To attend meetings as required with the simulator user/customer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Sound simulation techniques experience based on working on computer systems, interfaces, hydraulics, instructor stations, image generators and display systems.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of simulation software design methodologies.
- Good aircraft system knowledge.
- Good PC skills (Word, Excel, etc)
- Some activities may require travel in the Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia and abroad, as well as shift and overtime working plus some of the work involves the maintenance and/or replacement of awkwardly positioned equipment.
- This position could additionally hold the responsibility of Shift Leader and/or technical specialist on specific simulation systems if required.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.