Metro Air Service is hiring Mail Sorters
Pay Rate $22.66/hr
Part time hours available 630PM-1030PM/130AM-530AM
Address 11405 W Irving Park Rd, Franklin Park, IL, 60131
* Weekly pay, 401K, paid time off, paid training and company uniforms *
Metro Air Service is the premier U.S. Postal Service THS Supplier with 7 locations nationwide providing excellence in service, safety and security through sorting and logistics of all inbound/outbound mail at our warehouses.
- Responsibilities include loading, unloading and delivery of truck and aircraft containers.
- Must have strong work ethic and be able to perform physical labor over several hours, including the repetitive lifting of items up to 70 lbs.
- Stacking of packages, mail bags and mail totes into floor level containers.
- Pull rolling equipment across warehouse floor. Requires pulling empty and loaded equipment.
- Load/unload mail form rolling equipment.
- Load/unload mail from floor-level containers. Requires standing, some bending and occasionally step ladder use.
- Most items weight under 20 lbs. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
- Unloading and loading of trailers with rolling equipment.
- Ability to receive clearance from the post office
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be flexible to work variable shifts, weekends
- Specific shifts to be determined by administrative staff due to operational needs
- Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during irregular operation
- Male applicants must be registered on the Selective Service System (https//www.sss.gov/Home/registration) and provide the number
- Ability to work in inclement weather