Summary of Position:
Represents Quality Assurance function to integrate Quality Management System requirements; provides Quality interpretation of requirements; ensures adherence to company and regulatory requirements; participates in various reviews to assure quality attributes are incorporated; performs system, process, and product audits to AS9100 and FAA requirements.
Provides oversight and assistance to the Organization focused on Manufacturing and MRO Operations, Engineering, and Procurement in addressing improvement activities.
Interfaces with other departments to facilitate root cause and corrective actions and evaluates the effectiveness of corrective actions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
MILITARY PROGRAM QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Researches and analyzes data to identify root cause of complex problems and propose a solution to Customer-issued nonconformities.
- Facilitates a team of Design, Manufacturing, Quality, and Product Support Engineers in defect review meetings
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop containment and corrective action plans and verifies their implementation
- Interfaces with Customer Quality Representatives during Surveillance Audits and Corrective Audit Evaluation
- Executes and submits Quality Assurance contract deliverables (CDRLs)/ supplier contract deliverables (SDRLs)
- SYSTEM MONITORING Performs internal process, system, and product audits to AS9100 and FAA requirements.
- Drives closures of nonconformities with sound and robust containment and corrective actions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of preventative and corrective actions
- Prepares management team for third party QMS audits and facilitates during external audits by the FAA and Certification Body
- Other responsibilities as assigned related to the Company mission, values, goals, and quality policy.
Bachelor of Science degree (or greater) in a STEM field required.
- Aerospace/Electrical/Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering, preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in Aerospace industry
- AS9100 internal audits
- QMS Knowledge
- Familiar with Project Management and Risk Assessment and Mitigation related to QMS
Competencies & Attributes
- Works under minimal direction
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Thrives in uncertain conditions and dynamic situations
- Able to grasp and process new information and large amounts of data quickly
- AS9100 Lead Auditor Certification preferred
- ASQ CQE/CQA preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- FAA Part 21 Certification preferred
- FAA Part 145 Certification preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability