To help answer the highest value analytical questions posed by departments across Etihad Airways, including the eCommerce, Digital, Marketing & Loyalty teams. Reporting to one of the Analytics Managers and working under the guidance of the Business Engagement Partners, he/she should leverage their advanced analytical skills and leverage the wider analytical toolkit, to analyse and visualize Etihad’s enterprise data resources.
The successful candidate should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, to effectively work across a multi-disciplined environment. He/she will be encouraged to develop their skills and techniques for the analysis of data and problem solving, to stay up-to-date with industry leading BI capabilities.
• Working with the Analytics Manager and/or Business Engagement Partner to analyze requirements and identify or design the solution to a business problem/requirement
• Execute complex, ad-hoc analyses utilizing Etihad’s wider analytical toolkit proactively looking for further insights and root cause
• Summarize / visualize results and highlight likely insights for the business translator to develop
• Maintain documentation repository of solutions, to include methodology
• Identify opportunities for automation and improvements to approach in each analysis performed, make recommendations to wider team as to priorities for further development
• Develop and maintain proficiency with advanced analytic and database tools, in-house data sets, and other resources.
• Will be encouraged to develop one or more specializations in Etihad’s key analytical disciplines (see required skills) and become the ‘go-to’ person among peers in that field. Act as an expert and coach to wider analytics team.
• Assist in development and training of Analytics Analysts to further their understanding of the toolkit, Etihad’s enterprise data resources and analytical / problem solving techniques.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in data analytics, reporting and database management and/or Data Science models used in commercial/operational processes.
- Experience within the aviation industry in the areas of Revenue Management, Business Analytics would be preferred
- Bachelors degree or higher required
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Office and query tools including the wider analytics toolkit eg. SQL, SPSS, SAS, Business Objects, Power BI, Cloudera.
- Experience in the usage of data science programming languages (R, Python) and cloud-based data warehouse (Azure synapse analytics, Google Big Query, Snowflake).
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com