- Play a key role in leading and managing part of the Americas engineering operation
- Be part of a team that values safety, recognition and teamwork
- Full time permanent shift-work position based in LAX
- Pay range USD $140,000 - $160,000
At Qantas, we represent Australia to the world. Our diverse country is known for our spirit, mateship and a can-do attitude. We’re resilient and strong and it’s in us to be our best. We see it as our responsibility to take ownership and drive outcomes, ensuring we contribute to taking the organisation forward. We understand our priorities and what needs to be delivered, taking the initiative to keep things moving.
Qantas Engineering keeps us at the forefront of aviation, caring and maintaining both the Qantas fleet, as well as aircraft for our customers across the Asia-Pacific region. Working with state-of-the-art equipment and resources, our shared commitment to professional excellence continues to keep our customers safe.
As the Operations Manager – Engineering, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the maintenance and support groups within the Line Maintenance Operations business model, drive key initiatives and improvement plans with a focus on fostering a culture centred around safety and quality of both people and operations. With a focus on production, On Time Performance (OTP) and resource management, this role will align the operational priorities with those of the Qantas Group to deliver services and products that meet customer requirements.
At a tactical level, this role is responsible for the management of a large number of technical and operational staff, to ensure the completion of multiple routine and technically complex aircraft maintenance events. These activities will also include major disruptions, often across multiple shifts and managing multiple crews.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of aircraft engineering with demonstrable experience managing an aircraft engineering similar operational environment
- Experience managing operational cost performance for applicable shifts including the efficient and effective allocation of overtime and material usage
- Exceptional people management skills, able to empower, manage and hold delegates accountable
- Strong operational decision-making capabilities and ability to deliver to operational objectives, under pressure, without compromising Qantas core values
- Ability to drive a diverse, inclusive and collaborative culture across the business that demonstrates pride in meeting performance target and timeframes
- Understanding around environmental compliance and conformance to existing regulations both internal and external
- Good communication skills with an ability to form good working relationships with staff, colleagues and across various airline departments
- Sound project management experience in complex, multi-faceted engineering projects
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully.
There are many different opportunities across our team, which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision cover after waiting period
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 4 weeks’ paid vacation (after 6 months employment) and 15 days paid sick leave for eligible employees.
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel from the USA to Australia and within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays. We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 4 weeks’ vacation and 15 days sick leave for eligible employees.
- We are planning for the future: our 401K match offering is 8% for eligible
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
If you’re ready to step into a culture that will challenge and excite you, submit an application and let’s explore how we go places together.
Applications close: Friday, 23rd of February 2024 (PDT)