OPERATIONS SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
One of the most ambitious missions that SpaceX has undertaken to date, the Starlink network is our solution to providing reliable internet to the entire world. We are looking for a talented engineer to help design processes and systems for a factory that will output millions of user terminals (a SpaceX designed and manufactured product that consumers will have in their homes to access our network).
The success of Starlink depends on the quality, reliability, cost, manufacturability, throughput, and security of the products that we deliver. If you seek a fast-paced, dynamic environment; if you thrive on solving difficult problems where resolutions have high impact; and if you love the challenge of building something from scratch, then this role will be an ideal next career step.
- Deploy, operate, upgrade, and scale a suite of automation used to directly monitor, alert, and operationalize the high-volume Starlink user terminal production lines
- Support troubleshooting the performance of on-the-floor automation
- Develop interdisciplinary software solutions and tools to optimize engineering time and eliminate redundancies
- Take full ownership of application life cycles, including need-finding and continuous improvement by working closely with engineering and production teams
- Deliver production-quality code against aggressive timelines
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline; OR 2+ years of professional experience building software
- Experience in full stack development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (should know two or more):
- Programming experience in Python, C#.NET, Java, or similar object-oriented language
- 1+ years of rigorous experience building single page web applications
- Expertise in designing software systems
- Familiarity working in a high-volume manufacturing & production environment
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & monitoring
- Expertise in profiling and improving application performance
- Database experience with PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or similar database technologies
- Must be able to work extended hours, some nights and/or weekends when needed
- Must be able to travel - up to 5-15% work week travel may be required to other SpaceX facilities
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Software Engineer/Level I: $120,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Software Engineer/Level II: $140,000.00 - $170,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.