Air New Zealand is on an accelerated journey to become the world's most Digital Airline and create a team that is the envy of airlines around the world. The Air New Zealand Architecture Chapter is at the core of this journey which is both a privilege and a challenge as our business rapidly adapts to an exciting "new normal".
Solution Architecture plays a central role in ensuring the success of this vision as we continue to modernise our digital landscape.
Reporting to a Chapter Lead Solution Architecture within our Architecture Chapter Area, this role works collaboratively with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organisation to architect critical solutions that meet business objectives and align with technology strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing solutions using a collaborative approach within cross-functional agile teams
- Documenting these solutions and clearly communicating them to a variety of audiences
- Following peer architecture and digital assurance processes
- Supporting business leaders and enterprise architects with the development of technology strategy and roadmaps, reference architecture and architecture patterns
- Being a champion of Air New Zealand's architecture principles and technology metrics
We are looking for Solution Architects who:
- Quickly learn and understand unfamiliar business domains and new technologies
- Collaborate well with other technologists including developers, system analysts, security consultants, enterprise architects and other solution architects
- Take a broad perspective on solutions and solution options, understanding the implications across technology domains and to the business
- Produce clear, purposeful documentation that is targeted for its audience
- Gain the trust of business leaders and stakeholders and communicate with them effectively
- Understand Air New Zealand's business objectives and ensure solutions support them
- Understand Air New Zealand's technology strategy and help progress it
You will be designing solutions across Air New Zealand's broad technology landscape, including:
- On Premise, Public Cloud (primarily AWS) and SaaS technologies
- A variety of Air NZ-developed applications, including containerised microservices, mobile and web applications, and a legacy IBM z/Architecture core system
- Commercial applications, from well-known ERPs to innovative and leading aviation software
- Various integration approaches (APIs, event-based, ETL) and technologies (Kong, Kafka, Mulesoft, IBM MQ etc)
- Modern platforms and tooling in areas including security, infrastructure and analytics
If this sounds like you, please submit an updated resume, providing details of your skills and experience relevant to this opportunity. Please also refer to the attached position description.
To be considered for the role, please apply online via our career's website.