- Challenge yourself to find new ways to deliver a memorable customer experience
- Competitive salary with industry benefits
- Two x 12M fixed-term opportunities at Mascot Campus
At Qantas, our strong beliefs guide the way we work, ensuring everything we do stays true to our customers and this iconic brand.
We won’t settle for anything less than the best outcome. We’re a high performing team, and we each have the opportunity to add value and make an impact on the business.
Taking ownership is critical. Whether we’re working individually or as a group, we challenge ourselves to make progress and deliver results .
As a Group Sales Consultant, you will be liaising with our agency partners and internal departments to provide consistently superior Groups Sales solutions. You will be involved with providing authentic and efficient guidance and support around Qantas product, policy, fares and ticketing advice and sales support. Your ability to put our customers at the heart of everything we do will be critical to your success, as well as making it easier for agents to sell Qantas products.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Efficiently processing all Groups queries and requests with accuracy, utilising all available information resources, explaining the benefits of the products/services we are offering to our customers
- Providing excellent and accurate advice on Qantas product, policies and fares to make it easier for Groups agents to sell Qantas
- Encouraging and promoting self-service using the Groups Sales site and Qantas.com
- Proactively identifying opportunities for additional sales and influence agent to apply higher value products
- Independently assessing and managing all operational and commercial waiver requests within guidelines, and ensuring all waiver requests are recorded
- Ensuring departmental targets are met in relation to customer service and sales & revenue Confidently and efficiently using multiple business systems e.g. GDS (Amadeus), Salesforce, Cisco, Microsoft Office
You’ll have –
- Sound working knowledge of a GDS Reservation system (Amadeus preferred), and knowledge of Groups Travel Sales; extensive Travel Agency/Airline experience preferred
- HSC or equivalent and Fares & Ticketing I & II qualifications, and Cert III or Cert IV in Tourism highly regarded
- Domestic and/or International Groups consulting experience, with ability to navigate product policy and procedures
- Strong work ethics with excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively and impart knowledge to internal and external customers
- Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with customers
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure to meet customer expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively
You’ll join a team where creativity and passion are encouraged. Our people come together to allow us to dream big and deliver successfully. There are many different opportunities across our team,
which means you’ll be able to grow both personally and professionally at Qantas. Your development is a priority for us – so that you can maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect and can continue to develop over time. You’ll be supported from day 1 with on the job training and coaching as well as our formal training opportunities. While you may start in this role, we’ve got a great track record of supporting our people to take their career in so many different directions, the destinations are endless.
The Qantas employee benefits program offers amazing benefits that extend well beyond travel:
- We love to travel: Enjoy heavily discounted air travel within Australia and across the globe, both for you and your family and friends, as well as exclusive deals on accommodation and holidays.
- We have flexible leave options: Make use of leave and flexible working opportunities including 18 weeks paid parental leave and the option to purchase additional paid leave for eligible employees.
- We’ll give you access to thousands of rewards: Through our partnerships we can offer you discounts across shopping, food and wine, insurance, health and wellbeing, leisure and entertainment. You can also take advantage of our salary packaging program including motor vehicles, eligible portable electronic devices and professional memberships.
- We’ll support your wellbeing: Whether it’s learning to better support your own and others’ mental health, our interactive wellbeing app or your very own tailored nutrition plan.
Be a part of something special and play your part in the Qantas story – apply today!
Applications Close: 21st February 2024
Qantas is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. By coming to work for us, you’ll be part of an organisation that encourages diversity, supports charities and environmental initiatives. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and people of all backgrounds to apply. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. Your personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.