- RELOCATION BONUS AVAILABLE**
Performs routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components; performs complete operations checks on hydraulics systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced.
- Direct and oversee Crew.
- Task Card time management.
- Decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances. Consults with the Project Manager if technical assistance is needed during the repair process.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping off after finishing all designated operations.
- May submit completed/in progress work to Project Manager for review; submits to Quality Control for final/in progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides Project Manager with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
A & P License
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a leadership role is preferred
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in at least one aircraft type.
- Mastery in at least one aircraft discipline should be demonstrated through prior work experience to include:
- General Maintenance
- Avionics Systems
- Proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong Communications skills
- Follows approved maintenance procedures.
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word).
- Ability to read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- The Lead Technician will be properly certificated in accordance with either FAR 65 Subpart D or Subpart E.
- Tools must satisfy minimum tool list.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Must be able to work in hot/Cold – Indoor/Outdoor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to do work above head.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.