Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The People of Southwest Airlines come together to deliver on our Purpose, which is to connect People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. Our Customer Service Supervisors manage and train Customer Service Agents, Operations Agents, and Skycaps at our Station. This role connects with many People to ensure the assignments of various Ground Operations Teams are completed with Safety as the top priority. The Customer Service Supervisor serves as a Leader by observing and offering guidance, ensuring Safety and compliance procedures are followed, and reading and delivering communications to convey important updates.Customer Service Supervisors seamlessly pivot from one task to another as needed and are strategic thinkers that communicate effectively while leading and supporting a Team.
As a Los Angeles (LAX) Customer Service Supervisor, you can expect:
A role that includes working assigned shifts based on seniority. Shifts can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Opportunities for overtime and shift pick-ups. Mandatory overtime is a possibility based on operational need. *
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights—your eligible dependents too.
Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, per paycheck. **
Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit. ***
Explore more Benefits you’ll love: swa.is/benefits
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
Model the Southwest Way
- Guide and lead team members using SWA talent management practices to coach, develop, and engage employees
- Adhere to Company values and competencies to foster a culture of inclusion, recognition, and support of a safe work environment
- Invest in leadership and self-growth through participating in continuous learning and development
- Actively coordinate with all Departments to maintain the station's on-time performance, Employee morale, and Customer satisfaction
- Respond to and resolve Customer questions, requests, or complaints
- Oversee day-to-day airport operations to create a safe, secure, and legally compliant service-conscious environment, Meet or exceed performance goals through effective decisions, Assign and track Agents for training compliance
- Coordinate actively with all Departments to maintain the Station's on-time performance. Report status updates to leaders and employees consistently
- Drive performance processes by forecasting operational situations that may impact the operation, monitoring and achieving results against key metrics, and holding responsible parties accountable for results, review and ensure accurate delay coding
- Work with staff planning to build bids that are in line with department’s hourly goals.
- Perform administrative duties daily, such as building of shift bids, closing bids, daily work assignments, daily payroll, and attendance reports, monitoring staffing in all areas and verifying that overtime is used properly
- Assure proper administration of labor contracts or agreements, emphasizing minimal labor disputes
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing Customer and personal services, including Customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of Customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of applicable Collective Bargaining Agreements and their applications
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography, and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more activities or sources of information (such as speech, sounds, touch, or other sources)
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense
- Ability to recognize and address performance and safety concerns in a timely manner
- Ability to ensure all equipment is maintained and available for the operation
- Fully functioning, broad knowledge in:
- Airlines Operation Management
- Customer Service
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA (Secured Identification Display Area) badge and meet all local airport requirements
- Ability to obtain GSC (Ground Security Coordinator) qualification and comply with DOT (Department of Transportation) drug and alcohol testing program
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work on international flights
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space workstation/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting (50lbs.), standing, sitting, pulling, pushing, squatting, climbing, walking, kneeling, reaching, crawling, and writing
- Ability to perform assigned duties with potential exposure to excessive noise, vibration, and/or sensory conditions.
- Ability to perform assigned duties in outdoor and inclement weather conditions
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have the authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
*Overtime pay is computed solely on base pay rate
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.