WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY!
Wizz Air is a leading European low-cost airline with a fleet of modern and fuel-efficient aircraft. Our mission is to provide affordable and reliable air travel to everyone, everywhere, while minimizing our environmental impact. We are proud to foster a diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 employees from more than 60 nationalities, who share our values of inclusivity, positivity, dedication, integrity, and sustainability.
As a rapidly expanding airline, we offer exciting career opportunities across a range of functions, from flight operations to engineering, customer service, finance, and more. We provide extensive training and development opportunities to help our employees grow and succeed in their roles. Joining Wizz Air means joining a team that is passionate about aviation, dedicated to excellence, and committed to making air travel accessible and sustainable for all. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the aviation industry, we welcome you to explore our job opportunities and become a part of our success story.
Senior Manager OOC Operations Control
Based in BUD - Office
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
To establish, manage and deliver a safe, efficient and complaint WUK OCC which delivers on our customer expectations.
To support the development, leadership, oversight and management of all aspects of the Wizz Air UK (WUK) Operations Control Centre while developing and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders within other areas if the WizzAir Group.
To contribute to the establishment, optimization and modification of WUK OCC policies and procedures. To support the WUK OCC team in organizational development and decision making.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FUNCTION
The Senior Manager AOC Operations Control is responsible for:
- Ensuring safe, efficient and compliant operational control functions in accordance with all WUK operations manuals and operations control procedures as laid down in the WUK Operations Control Manual.
- Takes tactical operational control decisions i to ensure integrity of the network and minimal cost/disruption.
- Recruitment, development, and management of the OCC team to achieve operational readiness and delivery and excellence of the schedule, and ensuring sound economic decision-making processes in line with ULCC principles.
- Ensures compliance flight time limitations as approved by the UK CAA.
- Ensuring that any policy and procedures pertaining to operations control, recommended by the stakeholders of the WizzAir group, shall comply with the applicable UK regulations.
- Ensuring that any policy and procedures pertaining to operations control, recommended by the stakeholders of the WizzAir group, shall contribute to the operational KPIs.
- Ensures the provision of operational control services which contribute to the WUK Safety Management System.
- Maintain an up-to-date Operations Control Manual, for approval by the nominated person flight operations.
- Suggest improvements to operational control and crew management to the nominated person flight operations via the flight operations management meetings and flight operations safety action groups.
- As required, attend meetings and liaising with the UK CAA with regard to regulation, compliance and oversight.
- Monitoring and disseminating all relevant WizzAirUK publications (Crew Orders, Crew Information etc) – ensuring they transmitted to OCC staff where relevant.
- Ensuring the OCC resources are sufficient to meet the demands of the operation, both in AOC and within the common WizzAir Group structure.
- In conjunction with the WUK safety and compliance team ensuring that OCC has a robust internal audit function with particular emphasis in ensuring compliance with the flight operations manual suite.
- In conjunction with the WUK safety and compliance team respond to safety reports relating to operational control ensuring robust corrective actions where applicable.
- Participate in the risk assessment of hazards identified in the operation’s control domain.
- Activate the CMC and participate as required in accordance with the WUK Emergency Response Plan.
- Analyse, evaluate and comment on the future and current commercial schedule.
- Analyse and report on periodic operational performance, including violations.
- Establishment and continuous development of procedures and resources with the Senior Manager Crew Planning, Logistics and resource of WUK.
- Monitoring all health and safety matters affecting OCC staff and taking steps to address any issues arising.
- Attend meetings as required in the United Kingdom.
- Daily Operational meeting, attendee
- Weekly OCC Team meetings, attendee
- Operations Review meeting, attendee
- WUK Flight operations management meetings, as required
- WUK Flight Operations Safety Action Group, as required
- WUK Safety Review Board, as required
AUTHORITIES OF THE FUNCTION
The Senior Manager Operations Control has the authority to:
- • Create and modify operating procedures
- • Take actions in response of operational problems
- • Take part in the CMC Team
- • Act in case of safety issues affecting OCC staff
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Growth mindset and can-do attitude
- Professional experience of 2-5 years in a multinational environment (including people management)
- Ability to synthesize information into recommendations
- Good oral and written presentations skills
- Team work and strong interpersonal skills
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Flexibility to travel as required away from Head Office
- Minimum bachelor degree in Business Administration (preferred) or another field;
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Good organizational skills and attention to details
When applying, please only provide valid information regarding your educational background and certificates, as the original documents will be requested during the hiring process.
We look forward to meeting you and learning more about your skills and experience. Join the Wizz Air team and discover the world of opportunities.