- Outstanding Overtime Rates
- Ongoing Career Development & Training
- Work With the Best
About the role
We are looking to expand our highly skilled team by adding some experienced Fabricator Welders.
Reporting to the Assistant Production Manager and based on the Devonport Naval Base, this position will execute a range of Heavy Fabrication activities associated with ship and shore-based Maintenance, Repair, Overhaul and Installation.
- $34 - $38 per hour (first 40 hours per week)
- $51 - $57 per hour (40-43 hours per week)
- $68 - $76 per hour (43+ hours per week)
Some of your key responsibilities will include
- Constructing fabrications from materials such as Mild Steel, Aluminium, Stainless Steel and Copper Nickel
- Roll, bend, cut and shape plates, pipes, beams and other heavy fabrications by using Heavy Fabrication workshop machinery.
- Undertake welding of ferrous & non-ferrous materials.
- Fabricate new medium and heavy gauge pipe systems utilising mocking up techniques of existing or old Pipe systems.
- Develop from new or repair existing Fabricated products.
- Assist with estimate development / recommendations relating to Coatings modifications, alterations and proposed maintenance.
- Make recommendations for workshop process and procedure improvements or changes to maintenance routines.
You will have a Trade Certificate (Level 4) and relevant welding qualifications, ideally with 5 + years’ experience in a Marine or Industrial Heavy Fabrication discipline. You come with a variety of heavy fabrication skills, excellent problem-solving abilities and are able to work under pressure. You actively promote Health and Safety and take care to protect yourself and others at all times.
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Locally in New Zealand, our Centre of Engineering partners with the Royal New Zealand Navy to provide complete engineering, maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the entire fleet. As the Navy’s strategic maritime partner, we also undertake ship conversions, life extensions, retrofits and major repairs in dry-dock or in water for our customers. Located on the Devonport Naval Base, this is a great opportunity to work in partnership with our customer and see the results of your hard work first-hand.
To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req #47853