About the Role
We are looking to add Marine/Industrial Electricians to our highly skilled team based on the Devonport Naval Base.
With hands on experience and more importantly a passion for electrical and electronic systems, you will be working within a team of experts that support the installation, maintenance, and repairs for various industrial and marine systems and equipment such as generating and power distribution equipment, propulsion systems, engine control systems, motor control, and general electrical plant.
- $42.50 per hour
- 1.5x paid after 40hrs
- 2x paid after 43hrs
- Additional benefits
- Wide range of exciting projects working on Navy Vessels and Equipment
- Carry out installation and repair activity on a wide range of electrical equipment
- Prepare and maintain accurate test and maintenance records for the Babcock database and customers reports
- Assist in planning electrical workload and contribute to continuous improvement opportunities
- Follow company's Quality Assurance objectives, ISO9001 systems and processes
- Promote Health, Safety and Environmental Awareness in the workplace
- National Certificate of Engineering (Level 4) in Electronics or equivalent e.g. ETC, NZCE (elect)
- Electrical Practicing Licence (full registration)
- Proficient in the use of Diagnostic Tools and Test Equipment
- Competence and experience in a broad spectrum of electrical disciplines from generating plant to distribution systems and end user systems
- Experience working on a variety of mechanical and electrical marine equipment and systems
- NZ Registered Electrician with a practicing licence (however applicants with strong marine or automotive electrical experience will be considered)
- A good level of written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Able to Demonstrate high levels of understanding of and adherence to the Health and Safety practices and regulations
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Locally in New Zealand, our Centre of Engineering partners with the Royal New Zealand Navy to provide complete engineering, maintenance, repair and overhaul services to the entire fleet. As the Navy’s strategic maritime partner, we also undertake ship conversions, life extensions, retrofits and major repairs in dry-dock or in water for our customers. Located on the Devonport Naval Base, this is a great opportunity to work in partnership with our customer and see the results of your hard work first-hand.
To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds and experience however, the successful candidate must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and capable of obtaining a New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Security Clearance.
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, MOJ, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req #47881