Lead, Engineering and Development / Senior Principal Engineer
- Lead the engineering team to design & create end-to-end integrated Satcom network solutions that meets customer’s requirements to solve complex communication challenges
- Provide technical leadership to ensure seamless engineering solution alignment between the various engineering teams – System, Software and Products teams – to accomplish business goals and objectives in the creation, production, support and promotion of industry-leading Satcom solutions and products.
- Perform technology scans, evaluate competitor products, identify opportunities to create technology differentiation for our products.
- Work with BU-level Technology director to leverage funding mechanisms on suitable R&D programs to develop & implement new Comms technologies (including but not limited to Satcom).
- Responsible for driving Engineering technical content, write-ups and estimations in response to proposals, information and White Papers, including estimation of resource and material needs for the project/product.
Additional job responsibilities
- To support ANS Systems Architecting Office’s (SAO) Concept Directors and provide architectural assistance to design and validate solutions for future military and non-military communication systems
- Conduct research on new technologies in the field of systems development, validate concepts conceived by SAO and develop plans to invest in systems that address End User needs
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Communications Engineering, or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a Solution Architect or similar role in developing comms and network architectures
- Proven experience in identifying, analyzing and resolving system problems
- In-depth understanding of various military and non-military communication domains, including Software Defined Radios (SDR), data links, satellite communications and cellular communications (4G/5G)
- Proficient in wireless communications system design, including link budget analysis, antenna system design and system design trade-offs
- Familiar with SDN, SD-WAN and WAN-related technologies
- Knowledge of blockchain, AI/ML technologies and their applications in wireless communications will be advantageous
- Experienced in conducting technology, trends, standards and products research
- Ability to lead and drive cross discipline team and provide technical leadership, mentorship, guidance
- Good analytical, conceptual and troubleshooting abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly articulate plans, status, and technical direction, both in written and verbal form.
- Singaporan only
- Location: Ang Mo Kio