Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The CMM Operator / Programmer is responsible for the operation of the coordinate measuring machine with PC-DMIS (CAD++) software and Measure Max. The CMM Operator must understand GD&T. This position is responsible for performing layouts, first articles, and in-process inspections.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance of production machinery and test equipment, solving problems that are atypical in nature.
- Assesses when changes or repairs need to be made to fixtures and tools.
- Perform CMM layouts and inspections where actual results are compared with customer requirements and specifications.
- Record results on appropriate forms and documentation.
- Performs and maintains inspection data or special capabilities studies; interprets and effectively communicates results and recommends required adjustments to tooling.
- Operate measuring equipment, including calipers, micrometers, height gauges, and CMM.
- Perform production inspection on in-process parts; relate all information and non-conformances to appropriate personnel.
- Perform as a lead in mentoring new hires.
- Collaborates with supplier representatives in inspection results and statistical tools to improve process performance.
- Support product/process transfers to appropriate other facilities.
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational Training, apprenticeships, or the equivalent experience in a related field
Years Experience: min 1 year of relevant experience
- Knowledge of AS9100 / ISO9000 requirements.
- Extensive metrology and GD&T skills. Expect statistical knowledge and background with hands-on experience with analytical methods.
- Problem-solving, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance is required. May need to work weekends, variable schedule(s), and additional hours as necessary.
- Skilled in the setup and operation of automatic or semiautomatic machines
- Strong math skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex instructions, including schematics blueprints, schematics, models, or specifications
- Able to apply an analytical approach to problem-solving
- Capable of providing solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on existing precedents or procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ability to learn basic CMM programming.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.