About The Role
We are recruiting for an Airport Services Duty Officer based in Denpasar, Indonesia.
In this role, you will supervise and control flight-handling activities such as flight editing, check-in, transfers and boarding, in order to ensure a high service standard. You will achieve optimum customer satisfaction and on-time department of flights. You will also have overall control of the shift as a direct representative of the Airport Services Manager. You will also ensure punctuality and safety of all Qatar Airways operations.
Specific Accountabilities Include
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and acts as liaison between airport service providers, and users.
- Provides input and recommendations to management to improve the effectiveness of the daily operations.
- Responsible in ensuring passenger and aircraft handling practices confirm to the safety and security.
- Manage and control manpower on the shift in order to optimize utilization and to maintain staff’s morale and discipline.
- Conducts spot-checks on to ensure adequate standards are maintained.
- Responsible to resolve customer problems and complaints effectively liaising on a daily basis with all departments including Customer Relations to provide resolution for complaint handling.
- Conduct briefing sessions for shift and GHA supervisors on a shift basis.
- Compiling a detailed station handling report for Airport Duty Manager on a shift basis.
- Manage the utilization of petty case expenses and keep a track of petty case expenditure in line with standard financial procedures. Monthly reports, FFP enrolments, LPC checks.
- Petty Cash Custodianship, delegating duties of subordinates, monthly statistics.
- Responsible to prepare monthly reports and LPC’s.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department
- Perform the Aircraft Turnaround Check (ATC) duty as assigned by the ASM to ensure safe operation of QR ground ramp product.
- Operate aircraft cabin service doors from the outside where applicable to facilitate and reduce the associated safety risk of inadvertent slide deployment
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. Together, everything is possible.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years relevant experience
- Experience in an airline or a reputed GHA on a supervisory level.
- Excellent English language communication knowledge.
- Weight and Balance, Ramp handling, Dangerous Goods Regulation knowledge.
- Must be able to perform duties under pressure while maintaining the highest levels of the customer service standards adhering to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to take up duty travel to out stations for covering various assignments.
- High level computer literacy.
- Good understanding of Qatar Airways Conditions of Carriage, International Civil Aviation Safety and Security procedures in accordance with ICAO and IATA and local authorities.
- Must have a legal rights to live and work in Indonesia.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.