This role reports to the Director of Maintenance Operations Control and is responsible 8M+ annual budget, oversees over 80 contract locations and up to 500 contractors. This role is the control point for Spirit's approved and prospective Line Maintenance Providers (LMP). The Manager Contract Line Maintenance is responsible for the oversight and day-to-day maintenance operations at all contract maintenance stations.
- Negotiates and finalizes on-call Maintenance Airworthiness Agreements (Contracts) with LMPs.
- Prepares updates with progress/status reports.
- Researches and secures a Maintenance Provider for all new contract maintenance stations in accordance with the Spirit GMM, while coordinating with the network and airports teams.
- Performs training and start-up functions for new stations. Ensures that all the training requirements are met, in accordance with the GMM and MTM, in coordination with the Maintenance Training Department.
- Evaluates contract maintenance operations for effectiveness and recommend revisions as required by FAR’s and Spirit Airlines policies.
- Responsible to administer penalties of the Service letter agreements when contracts are not being upheld.
- Ensures all contract line maintenance providers have access to Spirit’s Digital Maintenance Library.
- Audit and approve invoices submitted by Line Maintenance Providers using the following criteria.
- Number of arrivals and departures match billed amount.
- Contractor Work Orders match item(s) worked on the log page.
- Ensure each log item worked and/or billed has been entered into SETS, or has a call-out number assigned.
- If the log entry cannot be found in SETS, contact the Aircraft Records Department to conduct a search for the logbook page or facsimile. If found, ensures the SETS transaction is accomplished.
- Maintains a contract template for use when establishing and/or renegotiation contracts, coordinating changes with DMOC, Legal, and other departments as required.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Aviation Management
- 10+ years’ experience
FAA Airframe and Powerplant Licenses Required
- Skilled at driving results while maintaining strong relationships with vendors.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build partnerships.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills.
Domestic & International travel approximately 50% of time
Exert up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of Sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Hybrid work arrangement available.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our Team Members. Overview
At Spirit, our mission is to deliver the best value in the sky and be the most successful airline on Earth! We are leaders in providing customizable travel options and make it possible for our Guests to venture further and discover more than ever before by serving destinations throughout the U.S., Latin America, and the Caribbean! Imagine making your mark on an organization introducing 100’s of new aircraft that will double our fleet!
- Fly With A Winner: We are proud to be recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity 2022 and by LinkedIn as a Top Company in the Travel & Hospitality industry. Our constant growth and improvement means boundless career opportunities. Team Members develop their careers rapidly while building key skills that drive long-term success.
- The Giving Spirit: We are committed to inspiring positive change in the cities where we work and live. That starts with giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and The Spirit Airlines Charitable Foundation.
- Be Yourself: We want Team Members to feel empowered to bring their whole self to work and contribute to our success – that’s why we’re committed to building progress in the areas of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging. Our Spirit Family is strong, not despite our differences, but because of them.
- Travel The World: We offer competitive base salaries with robust health & welfare benefits, including travel & flight benefits for you and your family.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.