Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Are you passionate about reaching new heights teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Location : Dorval, QB
Department : Medical Clinic
Union : IAMAW – Clerical
This is a temporary, full-time position for 4-6 months.
Perform operational and/or administrative duties of a complex nature requiring initiative and judgment.
- Sort and merge documents, reports, etc.
- Edit and proofread
- Work under pressure
- Prepare, maintain, validate, input, and update data/files, records, documents, manuals, etc.
- Receive, index and revise manuals or data
- Prepare correspondence
- Receive and direct all incoming calls
- Provide assistance for outgoing calls, e.g. directory assistance, calling card
- Refer external customers to appropriate areas, e.g. departments, employees
- Assist other employees in the department
- Liaise with internal/external customers
- Research, resolve, and respond to internal/external customer issues and queries, verbally and/or in writing
- Work with minimal or no supervision
- Design, compose, format and produce correspondence, reports and documents using a variety of software applications
- Prepare third party billings
- Handle cash/cheques and related documentation
- Verify and process invoices, claims and/or expenses
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for presentations, seminars, training sessions, interviews, etc.
- Build, update and maintain schedules and staff rosters
- Organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Comply with Government Regulations, Company Policies, Collective Agreement and procedures
- Administer Collective Agreements
- Control distribution and maintain Company and technical publications
- Maintain a high level of accuracy
- Operate specific department/Company software programs
- Develop and maintain schedules
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain and develop accurate maintenance and/or technical records
- Audit records
- Monitor equalization of overtime
- May be required to perform other related duties which do not affect the nature of the job
In addition to the above, may be required to perform the Tasks / Responsibilities as outlined in Assistant Coordinator Level.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of aircraft terminology
- Aptitude for math
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Minimum 2 years office experience
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibly of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.