Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking an Application Engineer to join our growing EV Battery Busbar Interconnect team. This position can be supported at one of the following locations: Southfield MI, Canton MI, or Carol Stream IL. This position will report on-site Tuesday thru Thursday with the Hybrid option to work remotely Monday and Friday.
The Application Engineer will support the NAFTA region and will be responsible for all customer-related engineering activities for flexible Busbars and Cell Interconnect Product lines.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Serve as the strong voice of the customer within the organization, as well as a day-to-day spokesman for the company with the customer’s engineers.
- Work with existing and potential customers to clearly define their engineering expectations, and forcefully communicate these through the organization in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Perform and manage application engineering and product development on assigned projects.
- Apply Eaton technology and products to customer-specific applications and present technical solutions to customers.
- Coordinate with the Sales & Market team and other related people to promote Eaton’s marketing image by providing engineering support.
- Work with OEM to develop product validation & launch plan/schedule and coordinate inside the company to meet the plan. Perform application engineering and product development on assigned new projects.
- Provide engineering support for the issues of quality, material planning, localization, production, marketing, accounting, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned throughout business cycle.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program, and many more!
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of business experience in application engineering.
- Knowledge of EV or EV Battery markets.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not available for this position. Candidates must be within a 50-mile radius of posted location to be considered for this role. Active-Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Previous experience with Busbars
- Strong customer relations management and project management skills with respect to applications engineering
- Problem-solving training or certifications
- Experience in Vehicle New Product Development programs
- Work experience in Program Management or a combination of Engineering and Product Development
- Agile Mindset.
- Demonstrating a working level proficiency towards organizational skills, problem-solving and team structure
- Good English communication and presentation skills both verbal and written skills
- Experience in cross-cultural teamwork.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Projects.
- Ability to travel ~ 25% varied by business cycle. Most travel will be short-term within US region with occasional travel to Mexico.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
Eaton is an intelligent power management company dedicated to improving the quality of life and protecting the environment for people everywhere. We are guided by our commitment to do business right, to operate sustainably and to help our customers manage power ─ today and well into the future. By capitalizing on the global growth trends of electrification and digitalization, we’re accelerating the planet’s transition to renewable energy, helping to solve the world’s most urgent power management challenges, and doing what’s best for our stakeholders and all of society. Founded in 1911, Eaton has been listed on the NYSE for nearly a century. We reported revenues of $19.6 billion in 2021 and serve customers in more than 170 countries.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Eaton is committed to having a workforce that is diverse and non-discriminatory at all levels, reflecting the diversity of our customers and the varied environments in which we conduct business around the world. Our success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best people unlimited by race, color, social or economic status, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected status. Eaton follows relevant non-discrimination laws and regulations in the countries where we operate. It is the policy of the Company to make all decisions regarding employment, including hiring, compensation, training, promotions, transfers, or lay-offs, based on the principle of equal employment opportunity as defined above.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes – Hybrid
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time