Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
Relocation will be offered!
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the application, integration and support of relay based controls for recloser and underground distribution switchgear systems. The Electrical Engineer identifies creative solutions, performs engineering analysis, creates designs and oversees verification of product and engineering process improvements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop, maintain, and improve product designs related to control systems and protective relays to achieve cost and reliability targets.
- Collaborate with customers, Sales Engineers, Switchgear Application Engineers and/or Custom Design Engineers to guide customer requirements development or resolve customer issues.
- Participate with cross function resources: Quality Engineers, Application Engineers and Service Technicians to analyze, document and resolve product reliability issues.
- Interact with Eaton and supplier relay product developers to define and prioritize reliability and product enhancements.
- Coordinate the execution of functional and reliability test plans utilizing both internal and external lab resources.
- Support product manufacturing and manufacturing engineering with process improvements and resolution of production and testing issues.
- Collaborate with global suppliers and Supplier Quality Engineers to define and conduct supplier assessments, capability analysis, and part approvals.
- Apply relevant industry standards to product design, including development and execution of design verification and validation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor of science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Experience in the power delivery/power reliability industry
- Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Protection relays applied to electric power systems
- Industrial controls
- Industrial controller programming
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in engineering problem solving and root cause analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency identifying, evaluating and selecting design alternatives
- Demonstrated proficiency verifying design solutions through rigorous test methods and report writing
- Demonstrated proficiency implementing design solutions via engineering change management processes
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and how they apply to the product, including practice in design verification and validation
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time