The Technical Specialist is responsible for performing tasks involved in providing support to business critical production environments utilizing best of breed Warehouse Management Systems along with interface systems exchanging high volume transactions between internal and external applications.
- Must be able to display ability to logically work through problems to create solutions so business operations contractual service level agreements are maintained.
- Analyzing and reengineering repetitive failed processes to drive out risk.
- Work closely with development team to design, configure, and test application modifications.
- Maintain understanding of interface specifications and configuration options.
- Conducting business process simulations and user acceptance tests.
- Identify training issues with end users and customers.
- Work with Implementation and program management teams to transition new customer and development projects into normal day to day activities.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications and interfaces for failures or performance issues.
- Performs root cause analysis and creates fix or corrective action plan to drive out defects.
- Completes special data requests while insuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, the business community, external customers, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future warehouse execution technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of company Strategic System Architecture.
- Follow change control methodology in day-to-day activities.
- Work to establish, maintain, and update strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, services) used in implementing supply chain systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in supply chain warehouse execution systems with high volume transaction interfaces strongly preferred.
- Strong business knowledge and understanding in at least one of the following areas: Warehouse Management, Labor Management, Transportation Management.
- Knowledge and experience in a SEI/CMM environment preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware platforms such as UNIX and/or Linux servers and Oracle databases preferred.
- JDA (Red Prairie) Warehouse Management System strongly preferred, knowledge of similar industry applications such as EXE, Manhattan, Catalyst a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Oracle SQL for application development a must.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, PL|SQL, C, C++, C#, UNIX and Perl scripting, PHP and any combination a strong plus.
- Knowledge of middleware applications such WebSphere MQSeries, TIBCO, client server applications, versioning software such as CVS, TOAD and other tools a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Python and Java preferred.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
General office environment that is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment with standard office equipment available.
The Company is committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you require an accommodation to perform the job, now or in the future, please contact your Human Resources Representative. Upon request, Human Resources will engage in an interactive process with you to determine whether or not a reasonable accommodation is available.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
Job ID: 47738