Job Title: Shipwright
Compensation: 2C - £32,937.00
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF: 49669
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Shipwright at our Rosyth site.
As a Shipwright you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. maintaining, repairing, and restoring both naval and commercial vessels
Day to day, you’ll be expected to undertake general shipwright / fabrication activities including below:
• Sheet plate and steel section fabrication
• Lining out and marking off
• Interpretation of drawings, and specifications, for fabrication work
• Grinding, burning, and drilling
• Use of disc cutters, guillotine, and band saws
• Arc air gouging
• Tack welding
• Making moulds and Templates
• Fabrication and fitting ventilation
• GRP repair work (training available)
Essential experience of the Shipwright
• General shipwright experience
This role is based full time on site at Rosyth
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20/05/2023